Our intensive training sessions are designed for nurses, physiotherapists, massage therapists, early childcare educators, parent support workers, mental health workers, doulas or anyone who wishes to promote infant massage.
The certification enables the participant to teach parents and caregivers how to massage their babies as well as giving lectures.
Our program is taught by highly respected international trainers with over 25 years of experience teaching infant massage and their passion for the importance of nurturing touch for infants make this a course not to be missed. For more information about our trainers, please click here.
Our course is held over four days in provinces across Canada. During the four days of training, students will learn the background of the IAIM, the many benefits that infant massage has for both babies and parents, the latest research on infant massage, how to teach the program, how to promote the program and how to modify for special situations.
The classes combine theoretical and practical work with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion.
The IAIM Training Program includes:
- 4 days (9am-5pm) intensive training with our highly experienced IAIM certified trainers
- practical teaching experience during the training
- preparation and ongoing support for a take-home written exam and practicum
- a comprehensive instructors' manual
- the book "Infant Massage: a handbook for loving parents" by IAIM founder Vimala McClure
- a compendium of research and resources related to infant massage
- first years' membership to the IAIM Canada Chapter providing access to a supportive network, as well as knowledge and materials for your work
- ongoing support from the trainers and course coordinators after your qualification
- refreshments and snacks during the training session
If you would like to sign up or find out more about training to become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor, please contact us. To view a list of upcoming IAIM Infant Massage Instructor Training sessions, please click here.